Monday, May 17, 2010

Taylor Swift (guest blogger--Lauren Kotler)




Taylor Alison Swift was born as a star,she was born on December 13, 1989 in a small town in Wymossing, PA. Taylor has been singing all of her life and her inspiration is her grandmother who was a professional opera singer. She started her career by locally performing starting at the age of 8 and everyone enjoyed her music. At age 11 she sang the national anthem at a 76s game and preformed at restaurants until the age of seventeen until her fame sparked while she preformed at a showcase at Nashville's Bluebird Cafe in 2006, Scott Borchetta who was creating a new record label and wanted Taylor to be the first one he signs to his new label called Big Machine Records.Later that year of 2006 Swift had her first single called Tim McGraw which was a hit and went to number one on the charts. In 2008 she released two studio albums, Fearless, and Taylor Swift. Fearless was the best selling album from 2008 through 2009. Later in 2009 she kicked off her Fearless tour in all 50 states and more. Her tickets sold out in less than two minutes and became the most awarded country artist in the music history. Swift has been nominated 86 times and had won 62 awards from 2008-2010. Taylor is my favorite singer and role model who is yours?

5 comments:

  1. I dont have a favorite singer/ band but I listen to many types of music. I like almost all music which includes some rap, all rock music, and even some classical music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to pick a favorite band. Recently I've just been going on pandora and listening to a station based on the song Break by Three Days Grace. The station just has really good music beats. I wouldn't say the lyrics are meaningful or not though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have a favorite singer or artist but I like to listen to like the top ten songs on I tunes for the most part. The type of music dose not matter to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite singer is Drake because he also raps and I reallu like most of his songs. One of my role models is Myron Rolle because he is a tremendous athlete and a scholar at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite band is Three dyas grace because they pump me up before a hockey game.

    ReplyDelete